My name is Kadi Kullerkann and I am, what I like to call, a professional Arthlete.
OR IN OTHER WORDS:
equal parts artist and equal parts athlete
soul made of stardust, my limbs - more like concrete
hand me a pen, or a dumbbell instead
watch me go off and work till i'm fed
fine at sports and creating with a zest
yet in poetry, i'm clearly not the best
ABOUT THE BRAND
I created kllerknn to combine my passion for sports and arts. Being a professional volleyball player myself, I've experienced first-hand the benefits and the shortcomings of being a female athlete. Unfortunately, for me, the struggles have often overruled the joys.
This is how my first art project "She's Got Balls" was born - letting out all of the pain and pride that I had collected over the years and expressing it through millions of tiny dots on paper (hi, my stippling friends!).
For me, art is not only about making pretty things. It's about taking my experiences, sharing them with others in my most authentic way and advocating for a cause. I don't create art just for art's sake, I create it to inspire social change and leave a mark... and also, because I can't be without it!
- I come from a small town in Estonia called Keila
- I'm 195 cm tall (6'5'') - no shoes, no high ponytail
- I've lived in 7 countries
- I absolutely love sunshine, creative people and being active
- I have a Master's Degree in Business Administration and Marketing
- One day, I hope to get a Dalmatian (and/or a Dobermann)
There's nothing I believe in more than the value of LIGHT. I mean, I even got the word tattooed on my wrist, so that's saying something. For me, it translates into three core values:
- Be The Light – accepting my truest self and sharing my light with others
- See The Light – seeing the glimmer of hope and positivity in difficult times
- Feel The Light – take in the sunshine, do things with joy and move through life light-hearted
...is to advocate for female athletes by highlighting their power and beauty through art.
Global kindness, compassion and fair treatment of all people (aka. humanity) is what motivates me to create. No one should feel like they don't belong.